Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Splash of color


    Happy Wednesday, as you may know, Wednesdays on my blog equal Stampotiue Originals designers challenge Blog.  This week Kaz is our hostess and here is what she has to say about this weeks challenge. "I'd like to see some bright colours to cheer us up in the dim days of January".
This was a super fun challenge for me. I love color and I have no problem adding more and more colors together.  This year I am hoping to do a bit more art journaling, and here is my first page of the year.  I have a long list of sayings that I love, and I can;t wait to use them in my journal. 
    My journal base was created with various colors of Dylusions, and acrylic paint. I then used one of my white pens and went crazy...LOL  I used Hazelheart, Calendar Square cubes, and Circle Cube.  I think I have enough colors for this challenge...LOL...I hope you enjoy my project and if your would like to see more "color" projects, hope on over to SO challenge blog and see what the other amazing artists came up with for this weeks challenge.

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous card Kirsten. Love the colours ♥ What a great sentiment too!

Kay Wallace said...

I love all the color in your journal page, Kristen!! I have to admit, too, that I love that message. Whether in art or in life, coloring outside of the lines can be exhilarating! I hope to see many more journal pages from you!

Corrie Herriman said...

This is lovely ! Love the colours and the sentiment is brilliant !
Corrie x

Kaz said...

Love it Kristen, gorgeous colours xx

Sue said...

Wow I love your colourful journal page Kristen, and what a fabulous sentiment xx